I would like to wish everyone a very happy new year. I hope 2020 is a fruitful and productive year for us all.
Before I lay out my quarterly plan, here’s a quick look back at 2019. The year was one of my quietest yet on the blogging front. But I did have the excuse of having written and published the final book in my Silent Sea Chronicles trilogy and also publishing the box set. I also released the audiobook of Visions of Zarua and went to visit the Czech edition of the book in a few bookshops in Prague. I also had three blog tours over the space of five months and a number of author events.
In 2019 reading and blogging took a back seat and with the schedule I’ve set myself in 2020 it looks like it will be more of the same. I have some exciting stories on the go and I’m really looking forward to continuing my self publishing journey. I even plan to finally get my newsletter up and running soon. So here is my quarterly plan…
- Plan the remaining chapters of my WIP.
- Draft the dual timeline story for my WIP.
- Read and develop novella linking to current WIP, which will be offered as a reader magnet for my newsletter.
- Enter Visions of Zarua into audiobook competition.
- Set up Newsletter
- Complete the final draft of WIP including the dual timeline story.
- Complete novella and give to newsletter subscribers.
- Work on the next chapters of my portal novel.
- Read an old completed novel and determine if it can be rewritten. Write out a full novel plan.
- Prepare the WIP for beta readers.
- Publish novella in ebook format.
- Read my second novel written years ago to determine if it’s worth re-writing and complete a novel plan for it.
- Continue work on portal novel and start drafting up a plan.
Misc. tasks to slot in when time allows
Work on short story ideas for the book I plan to publish in the future.
Consider whether to work on a how to guide for kindle publishing as I’ve had several requests to do so.
Work on the website look and create a landing page for the newsletter.
Research ways to earn money from home using the skills I’ve learnt writing, editing, publishing and helping with my husband’s business.
Reading for the year
My Goodreads challenge of 2019 was 35 books but I only managed to read about 22.
I am being very careful this year and only going for 15 books. Hopefully I can smash this target and I would love to start reviewing books on my blog again though I won’t add that to the to do list just yet!
You can follow me on