I had high hopes at the start of 2022 that I would get stuck into self publishing and have 7 books published by the end of the year.
The good news is I have my first short story collection out on 8th April, which features characters from my fantasy worlds. Further details below.
As to the 7 book goal… it seems unlikely. But maybe I’ll suddenly gain superhero typing skills and bash out the next books in my romance and fantasy series. For now, I need to be more grounded and think about what I can achieve over the next 3 / 4 months.
The Mermaid Hotel Romance Series
- Evie’s Song is with beta readers. I plan to work on their suggestions as they come in. I also need to decide if I want to approach agents and publishers direct, or launch the series myself.
- Make a plan for the whole series and series arc. Come up with titles.
- Write the remaining scenes for book 2 and get in shape for beta readers.
- Type up and expand upon book 3.
- Later in the year – I already have lots of ideas for book 4, coming up with an outline might make the writing process quicker.
Starlight Prophecy Fantasy Series
- I’m just starting to work on book 1 which needs development and scenes added.
- Write the end of book 2 and make changes to reflect the changes from book 1’s storyline.
- Later in the year – Plan out book 3.
Second Short Story Collection
- Write a few more stories and sort through what will go into this edition.
- Later in the year – Send to my editor and prepare to publish.
Other Writing tasks / events
- CBC evening webinar in April ‘What’s next for your novel’
- Winchester attend online talks and visit in person to discuss romance book with an agent / editor.
- Weekend writing a novel workshop in Stratford – June.
What are your writing / reading plans for the next few months?
‘Fantasy Short Stories’ publishing on 8th April 2022.
Each story features characters from my fantasy worlds.
The Guardian – Meet Kalesh from Visions of Zarua as he tries to save his students from an unknown assassin.
Garrick the Protector – See how readers’ favourite, Garrick, became a Protector and joined the exiles. From Silent Sea Chronicles.
War Wounds – Meet Calder as he tries to deal with the fall out from raiders attacks and the hidden powers suddenly unleashed inside him. New fantasy series Starlight Prophecy.
Add to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
Suzanne Rogerson – Author of epic fantasy and heart-warming romance
You can follow me on
Twitter Goodreads BookBub Amazon Facebook Instagram
You can also join my Newsletter for writing updates and news of promotions.