I had high hopes at the start of 2022 that I would get stuck into self publishing and have 7 books published by the end of the year.
The good news is I have my first short story collection out on 8th April, which features characters from my fantasy worlds. Further details below.
As to the 7 book goal… it seems unlikely. But maybe I’ll suddenly gain superhero typing skills and bash out the next books in my romance and fantasy series. For now, I need to be more grounded and think about what I can achieve over the next 3 / 4 months.
The Mermaid Hotel Romance Series
- Evie’s Song is with beta readers. I plan to work on their suggestions as they come in. I also need to decide if I want to approach agents and publishers direct, or launch the series myself.
- Make a plan for the whole series and series arc. Come up with titles.
- Write the remaining scenes for book 2 and get in shape for beta readers.
- Type up and expand upon book 3.
- Later in the year – I already have lots of ideas for book 4, coming up with an outline might make the writing process quicker.
Starlight Prophecy Fantasy Series
- I’m just starting to work on book 1 which needs development and scenes added.
- Write the end of book 2 and make changes to reflect the changes from book 1’s storyline.
- Later in the year – Plan out book 3.
Second Short Story Collection
- Write a few more stories and sort through what will go into this edition.
- Later in the year – Send to my editor and prepare to publish.
Other Writing tasks / events
- CBC evening webinar in April ‘What’s next for your novel’
- Winchester attend online talks and visit in person to discuss romance book with an agent / editor.
- Weekend writing a novel workshop in Stratford – June.
What are your writing / reading plans for the next few months?
‘Fantasy Short Stories’ publishing on 8th April 2022.
Each story features characters from my fantasy worlds.
The Guardian – Meet Kalesh from Visions of Zarua as he tries to save his students from an unknown assassin.
Garrick the Protector – See how readers’ favourite, Garrick, became a Protector and joined the exiles. From Silent Sea Chronicles.
War Wounds – Meet Calder as he tries to deal with the fall out from raiders attacks and the hidden powers suddenly unleashed inside him. New fantasy series Starlight Prophecy.
Suzanne Rogerson – Author of epic fantasy and heart-warming romance
You can follow me on
You can also join my Newsletter for writing updates and news of promotions.