Last year (that sounds so weird) ended on a high for me. The Lost Sentinel was on Brizzlelass’ 10 top reads of 2017 and I also received a lovely email from a reader who said she really enjoyed the book.
That sent me smiling into 2018…
But 2017 has been a year of ups and downs on the writing and blogging front. I published my second book, The Lost Sentinel – Silent Sea Chronicles bk 1, I finished the draft of book 2, which I’m editing and preparing to send to beta readers asap, and I started the draft of book 3 during Nanowrimo. But I’m far behind on the publishing schedule I set myself and I’ve let my blogging slip to near non-existent.
So with this in mind I’ve done some thinking about what I want to achieve in 2018.
- Publish book 2 – The Sentinel’s Reign
- Finish the first draft of book 3 – The Sentinel’s Alliance
- Look at another WIP that has been waiting for an end for several years and decide if this is the book that I want to submit to agents.
Writing in general
- Attend some writing events / workshops
- Contact book reviewers
- Learn more about marketing and get my books in front of more readers
- Tidy up the blog and create a new banner and a landing page.
- Blog more often with more focus on books and writing.
- Have more guest posts and get involved in more blog tours.
- I plan to have a healthier diet and start walking more.
- Get more sleep
- Be more positive.
- I want to read more fantasy. See the list of books on my 2018 TBR list
- I want to post more book reviews
- I want to read at least 35 books in 2018
So I know I’m still asking a lot of myself in 2018, but with a more positive attitude and focus on what I want to achieve, I’m hopeful that I can do this.
Wish me luck…