Although not gluten free, these Ultimate Flapjacks are wheat free. And although full of sugar and syrup, they are a delicious treat. They are so easy to make, and the kids can easily get involved with the measuring and preparation.
60g demerara sugar
4 tbsp. golden syrup
pinch of salt
(you can add other dried fruit, chopped nuts, seeds etc)
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan on a low heat setting.
- When melted and the sugar dissolved, turn off the heat. Add the oats, raisins and salt and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into loaf tins or a high-sided baking tray and press down.
- Cook in the over 180c for about 20mins until brown and crispy.
- Cut into squares, allow to cool and enjoy.
You could be munching on these Ultimate Flapjacks in less than an hour, start to finish. Just don’t burn your tongue on the hot raisins!
Tomorrow – Vitamin rich syrup
Check out my other AtoZ Posts here.