Only 4 days to go and the champagne is on ice (well it’s in the fridge).
I’ve been waiting for this day for as long as I can remember; to actually call myself a published author. But as we draw closer to the 16th November, I have to admit to the odd night of insomnia.
My marketing strategy, or lack of one, is the main source of my concern and the reason for this post. I would like to call on the blogging community for advice, and any tried and tested methods of reaching readers.
So far the ideas I have implemented are:
- A paid Ad in the Dec 2015 Mslexia magazine
- A feature in the Subscriber Spotlight Writing Magazine – the issue has yet to be confirmed.
- A fellow blogger, Thomas Brooke, has agreed to run a blog post on the day Visions of Zarua is released.
- I’ve ordered business cards with my book’s image, blurb and website etc. These have been lost in transit and re-ordered. I know they won’t help much, but I just wanted something physical to represent the book, and they are reasonably priced, if they ever turn up.
- I have set up author pages on Amazon, Smashwords and Goodreads. I have completed interviews on the sites where possible.
- I’ve tried to enrol in Amazon’s Search Inside, but something has delayed my application. Another thing to chase when I get the chance.
I’ve yet to call on any book reviewers – that will be my next step.
I also read a suggestion somewhere of setting up an author page on Amazon’s other sites i.e. .com .de .fr. So that is something else to look into.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or would anyone consider running a post about the book during the first few weeks of its release?
Thanks to those who have been sharing and spreading the word. I appreciate your efforts.
I’ll leave you with this picture, I know I’ve used it before, but I love it. And I’m sure she could do a better job at marketing than me.